Tuesday, September 18, 2012

butt naked

someone recently asked me when i feel most beautiful.


and i had to think about my answer for awhile. is it a gorgeous dress and killer heels, or a post-glow sweat from yoga? is beautiful the same thing as sexy, confident or powerful? yes, but. while those things encompass beauty, it doesn't quite capture the exact essence for me.

i realized - i feel most beautiful when i am stark naked.

physically naked can be a part of it, but i'm talking about being emotionally, mentally, spiritually, personally vulnerable.

it goes against our natural instinct to protect ourselves, but that is where i find the beauty, in the openness. sometimes i feel like it wasn't my choice. outside circumstances rip me open and tear my defenses down. but even then, in my all-too-human'ness, i find myself rising up and fighting my hardest. it is me at my best, at my worst, at my fullest.


but then there are the times when it's my choice. and i find that i almost always choose the quieter side. true vulnerability is so raw, almost painful, so naked. and therein lies the gorgeousness.

i'll show you mine so show me yours. i want you to see how beautiful i am, how beautiful i can be, but i also want to see you in all your glory and divinity.

open sesame...

(nyc)  

No comments:

Post a Comment