Saturday, April 30, 2011

stuff that makes me happy

lately my days are a blur of nonstop to-do lists.

so i'm just going to stop and do nothing for five minutes. in fact, i'm just going to make a list of things that make me happy for no reason at all:

big fat trees
cracking the crunchy top on a creme brulee
tin cans, ribbons and stickers
riding my bike
anything stripes
cherries and avocados and watermelon
cobblestones
reading the classified ads
things with a lot of texture and heft
people who smile for real, from the inside - this is rare
ugly dogs
sunshine and a breeze
pasta pasta pasta
the sound of running water
wrapping presents
giving presents
the smell of hyacinths and gardenias
making grandmas smile when i compliment them
super bright colors
beautiful girls
silk, cashmere and leather
the way my stomach feels empty in the morning
super hot showers
really soft bedsheets
babies
the bookstore
peanut butter cookies
new magazines

you.

(nyc)

No comments:

Post a Comment